New Features in Version 6
Accordance underwent the first-ever complete redesign of its interface for version 6, offering a streamlined OS X appearance. Accordance 6 is easier than ever to use, and adds even more features to enhance your study of the Bible.
The Search window is reorganized:
- Some pop-up menus are placed in an optional area, with improved prompts. Most simple searches can be performed without opening this area.
- The buttons for Add pane are now easily accessible on the window.
- There are new buttons to close each pane.
- The Details button give easy access to all analyses of the search results.
- The text pop-up menus display a "text tip" with the module name when the cursor lingers over the abbreviation.
The Resource palette replaces both the New Window and Amplify palettes:
- The buttons are organized into sections with disclosure triangles, and new icons.
- The action of the buttons is contextual, as indicated by the cursor:
- When there is no text selection in a pane, the buttons and pop-up menus open a new window with the selected text or tool.
- If there is a selection in a text pane, the cursor is a magnifying glass and amplifies to the selected item. Pressing the command key overrides the selection and opens a new window.
The Workspace organizes windows with tabs: multiple windows clutter is greatly reduced, but you can detach and merge independent windows.
Details workspace for the results windows:
- A single click opens this window with your choice of Graph, Analysis, Concordance, and Table.
- Click to add more tabs of any kind.
- The Graph displays a legend below the plot.
Improved User Tools:
- You can now import HTML text files with support for text styles and headers.
- Scripture references in imported HTML files are automatically hyperlinked.
- A Find and Replace window assists text editing.
- Hierarchical titles and subtitles can be created for the browser.
- Right and center justify are supported.
- More underline and strike-through shapes can be defined.
- Overlapping styles are now supported.
New Search Commands:
- RANGE lets the user define a temporary range and combine it with other search criteria.
For example: [RANGE Gen 1-3] <AND> man finds "man" in Gen 1-3.
- COUNT lets the user define a word list based on the number of times the word (or key number, inflected form, or tag) occur in the text.
For example: [COUNT 1-2] finds all the words that occur only once or twice
- The menus have been reorganized and streamlined with more keyboard shortcuts.
- Font size buttons are added to the Parsing, Analysis, Table, and Concordance windows.
- Alert messages now give instructions for how to correct a mistake, or offer to correct it for you.
- Live scrolling of text panes and many other upgrades.
Return to Version Summary