Now in its third edition, this foremost college ethics text helps students form a basis for practical, ethical decision making in contemporary culture. Substantial updates and revisions include a new chapter on ethics and economics, online resources for instructors, current case studies, new material on bioethics and stem cell research, and much more.
With its unique union of theory and application and its well-organized, easy-to-use design, Moral Choices has earned its place as the standard text for college ethics courses. This third edition offers extensive updates, revisions, and brand new material, all designed to help students develop a sound and current basis for making ethical decisions in today’s complex postmodern culture.
Moral Choices outlines the distinctive elements of Christian ethics while avoiding undue dogmatism. The book also introduces other ethical systems and their key historical proponents, including Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, and Immanuel Kant.
After describing a seven-step procedure for tackling ethical dilemmas, author Scott Rae uses case studies to address some of today’s most pressing social issues. He guides students in thinking critically and biblically about:
- Reproductive Technologies
- Capital Punishment
- Sexual Ethics
- The Morality of War
- Genetic Technologies and Human Cloning
- NEW: Ethics and Economics
- Online resources for instructors, with test banks, PowerPoint presentations, and more
- Chapter on ethics and economics covering global capitalism, environmental ethics, and business ethics
- Significant new material on bioethics and stem cell and embryo research
- Discussion questions at the end of each chapter
- Sidebars with case studies for discussion
Moral Choices: An Introduction to Ethics (Third Edition)
• Author: Scott B. Rae
• Publisher: Zondervan (Released 7/29/2009)
Where To Find
Moral Choices: An Introduction to Ethics (Third Edition) is included with the following packages: