Biblia Hebraica Quinta (upgrade from 5 fascicles to 6 fascicles)
Category: Upgrades | Install Options: Download only
This upgrade is offered to users who previously purchased the original 5-fascicle Biblia Hebraica Quinta (BHQ). With the purchase of this upgrade, users will receive the 6-fascicle Biblia Hebraica Quinta bundle (BHQ-6) which adds Judges. Add this upgrade product to the shopping cart like any other product.
Note: The new BHQ-6 product is a bundle of individual BHQ fascicles. The previous BHQ product contained five fascicles in one module (with parallel notes, apparatus, masorah, and commentary modules.)
Six fascicles of the Biblia Hebraica Quinta from the German Bible Society are now available in Accordance.
This edition will succeed the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS) (1977). The aim is to provide an edition with a completely new critical apparatus to the Hebrew (Masoretic) text, accompanied by a commentary volume in which the most difficult cases are treated.
This edition is produced for serious students of the Hebrew Bible. It aims to provide them with a clear presentation of the surviving evidence of the text’s transmission that is relevant for translation and exegesis.
The current fascicles are edited by Adrian Schenker et al. This bundle contains these fascicles (each of which are also available for individual purchase):
- Fascicle 5: Deuteronomy
- Fascicle 7: Judges
- Fascicle 13: The Twelve Minor Prophets
- Fascicle 17: Proverbs
- Fascicle 18: Megilloth (Ruth, Canticles, Qoheleth, Lamentations, Esther)
- Fascicle 20: Ezra and Nehemiah
In addition to a general BHQ Introduction, each fascicle contains the following modules:
- Main text module
- Parallel Apparatus and Masorah (magna and parva)
- Diplomatic text of the Leningrad Codex, cited from new color photographs. As the oldest complete manuscript of the Hebrew Bible, it serves as the base text against which other witnesses are collated. This text is not morphologically tagged.
- A single apparatus as well as Masorah magna and parva of the Leningrad Codex are included in parallel with the text.
- Layout of poetic texts corresponds as closely as possible to Masoretic accentuation.
- Indications of parallel texts are given.
- Text critical cases are generated and noted in the apparatus when a pre-Tiberian witness arguably, but not necessarily, witnesses a Hebrew text that differs from the Tiberian text.
- Two other Tiberian codices are collated for each book.
- Qumran and Judean Desert fragments are collated.
- All available pre-Tiberian witnesses for each textual case are noted.
- A general introduction presents the edition, characterises the text and masorah of the base text, the particular use of resources, the relation of BHQ to BHS and previous editions etc.
- Each book is also accompanied by a commentary.
As they are published, additional fascicles will be made available at an upgrade price.
First Look: Biblia Hebraica Quinta (BHQ) in Accordance: